We extend our compliments to all the volunteers that have supported our construction efforts to complete the Nice Kitty Trail and Bridge in the Buffalo Creek Recreation Area of the Pike National Forest. The results have been outstanding!
On May 18, 2013 the Trailblazers will be partnering with Jefferson County Open Space at their Reynolds Park facility working on a new trail connecting Reynolds Park with the Colorado Trail at the confluence of the north and south forks of the S. Platte River. Please review a bit of detail below for our 5/18/2013 Trail Day.
Colorado Trailblazers provide . . .
- We’ll supply Breakfast . . . Bagels, Spread, Juice, & Coffee!
- When we’re done with the trail work, there will be a post work BBQ with Burgers, Brats, Cookies & Chips!
- All Tools and Leadership to build great trail.
Directions . . .
- From Denver take U.S. 285 south to the exit for Foxton Road approximately ½ mile west of the Staples shopping center in Conifer. Exit to the north side of U.S. 285 down the ramp to Foxton Road. Turn south (left) and proceed under U.S. 285 then continue as the road turns 90° west (right) to a stop on the south side of U.S. 285. Turn south (left) onto S. Foxton Road for approximately 5.6 miles to Reynolds Park, Jefferson County Open Space. Drive by the improved parking area located on the west side of the road for approx. ¼ mile, then turn east (left) on a gravel road toward the Caretaker’s Residence, but stay left at the fork to the camping area.
- Look for the Colorado Trailblazers’ tent canopies.
- Plan your travel to arrive around 8:00 am to get fueled up and meet everyone.
Volunteers need to bring . . .
- Enthusiasm and energized muscles to help us build these great trails for our community!
- Wear comfortable work clothes . . . long pants, long sleeve shirt, and boots!
- Bring a lunch, snacks and lots of water for during the day while on trail!
- Don’t forget work gloves, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and jacket, just in case!
To Display then Print and/or Download the above detail click here.